Design think, user experience design, user journey, user flow, wire-framing, prototyping, graphic design, animation. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, OmniGraffle, Sketch. Basic knowledge: HTML, CSS, Figma, InVision, Miro, Adobe After Effects
Jun 2018 – Aug 2020
Rocket Social Impact, JJ Juice and Oh Liya – Freelance Designer, New York, NY
- Developed understanding of market trends, competitive analysis and customer feedback while working closely with company founder.
- Designed logo and infographic for a social media agency and food start-up.
- Designed packaging labels for an entire product line of a health juice start-up.
Oct 2017 – Aug 2018
Design Think/User Experience Design – Trainee, New York, NY
- Completed a 11-month intensive training curriculum focused on Design Think and User Experience Design practices and process including user research methods, stakeholder management and key deliverable development (e.g., user journeys, user flows, wire-frames, prototyping, synthesizing user feedback and iteration). Continued mentoring.
Aug 2009 – Jun 2017
WebMD Professional – Interactive Web Designer, New York, NY
- Developed understanding of client needs and customer base while implementing industry regulations to provide engaging products and marketing efforts.
- Designed user interface of online interactive products, storyboard for animated ads, emails and online drivers in desktop and mobile formats for promotion of products from major pharmaceutical companies to medical professionals.
- Proactively collaborated with project managers, developers, editors and writers while working independently as a designer in a deadline-oriented environment to bring projects to life from concept to development.
- Mentor junior designer.
Jun 2010 – Jun 2010
Scribble & Tweak – User Experience Consultant, New York, NY
- Developed user journey, user flow and wire-frames for website that communicated a creative vision and process through brainstorming, sketching, research and interview.
Oct 2006 – Mar 2009
BBDO, DDB Worldwide, McKinsey & Company, Modem Media and Special OPS Media – Freelance Art Director/Designer, New York, NY
- Developed concept and design of digital and print campaigns including video and animated presentations, art directed storyboards for animated advertisements, websites, book covers, point of sale material and logos.
- Contributed on numerous multinational accounts including retail, service, entertainment and non-profit organizations.
Nov 2004 – Aug 2006
Verified Person, Inc. – Creative Director, New York, NY
- Developed branding, marketing and all sales support material.
- Created wire-frames and prototypes in support of executives and sales efforts.
- Worked directly with CEO and COO in a demanding startup environment.
- Managed department workflow, budget, outsourcing, vendor relationships, pricing and ensuring on-time delivery of products and services within tight deadlines.
Feb 2004 – Oct 2005
The United Way, Staples, Allied Domecq and Jack Morton Worldwide – Freelance Art Director/Graphic Designer, Boston, MA
- Design and art direction of marketing material, catalogs and packaging.
- Information architect and design for data heavy product manuals serving all of the United States and Canada.
May 2003 – May 2004
The Mary Baker Eddy Library/Christian Science Center – Art Director, Boston, MA
- Developed concepts, designs and project management of an internationally distributed publication, promotional material for public and private events and exhibits.
- Performed user research through direct interactions with library, exhibits and events.
- Managed freelance designer and production manager while working closely with key stakeholders including the CEO.
Jul 2000 – Jul 2002
Switchboard.com – Senior Graphic Designer, Westborough, MA
- Developed concept through brainstorming with stakeholders, design and production of user interface while working closely with the Director of Marketing and developers for primary website and Maps On Us branding.
- Coordinated with developers to expand and maintain website.
Newspaper Association of America – User Experience/Web Designer, Los Angeles, CA
- Designed travel portal for the business traveler.
- Proactively developed insight through user research by extensively interviewing industry professional.
- Proactively created user journey, sitemap, wire-frames, website design and vendor sources with understanding of client’s business needs.
Feb 1998 – Feb 2000
Boston.com – Product Development/Web Designer, Boston, MA
- Led product development on projects such as auctions, MP3 and e-commerce efforts.
- Designed and produced over 200 small business websites under tight deadlines.
User Experience Training Design think, research, prototype, iteration, New York, NY
General Assembly New York, NY User Experience
Massachusetts College of Art and Design Boston, MA, Graphic Design
Mount Ida College Newton, MA, Graphic Design